Monday, February 15, 2010

There is no such thing as a salmon filet.

Just so you know.

They may call it a filet, but I have yet to eat any piece of salmon that doesn't have at least one bone in it.

This is what I hate about salmon.

But meatless Monday progresses.

Today I had orange juice and Cream of Wheat for breakfast, tuna salad on home made whole wheat bread for lunch, with some mandarin oranges and for dinner baked salmon, peas and basmati rice.

Tomorrow I may have the left over salmon for lunch. Or I may make myself a tuna sandwich. Or I may have a Cornish Pastie. Or pesto deviled eggs.

I went to the store and spent $28.70. (I have $5.00 and change still in my wallet.) Nothing pre-processed (except the orange juice). I had to tell the cashier that is a turnip, that is a leek.

I bought a leek, a turnip, celery, a white rose potato, some beef and pork to go with the lamb I thawed out, a dozen eggs, orange juice and Gladware for storage.

I'm taking the Huffington Post Week of Eating In Challenge.

Don't eat out for a week. It actually starts next week, but since I've been avoiding fast food and pre-processed food, cooking is now what I do pretty much.

I'll be making soup later this week. The broccoli is still good and I have split peas and lentils in the cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment