Today I got my first Covid vaccination at our local supercenter clinic. Yes, I qualified. I've been following the progress of everything with our local county and as soon as my group was good to go I made my appointment online. Very easy.
I picked up some lunch on the way and while I was waiting before and after I ate my lunch. The shot itself was no different than any other shot. I had to wait 15 min before our row of cars was released to leave just to make sure there were no reactions. I received the Moderna vaccine. By the time I got home there was already a text about making an appointment for my second shot. 28 days for Moderna and 21 days for Pfizer if you're keeping track. I had to make my appointment by Feb. 27. I opted for Feb. 24, same day, Wednesday and same time, 2:15. I'll do the exact same thing I did today, including a stop at Iowa Meat Farms on the way back to pick up bones for Diana, who had to stay home by herself for a few hours.
Trust our medical professionals. And now you can trust our government again too. Get vaccinated but continue to wear your masks. The virus is slowly mutating. The current vaccine should handle the current mutation but at some point we all will probably need another shot. A few years maybe. This is not like the yearly flu that mutates so much you need a shot every year.
And I'm fine with that. Because I trust the science, I've done the research and the reading. I've been sheltering in place, wearing a mask when I go out, keeping my distance and washing my hands and using sanitizer.
So show your respect for you family, your friends and your fellow Americans. Wear a mask. Keep your distance. Wash your hands and use sanitizer. Stay home as much as you can. GET YOUR VACCINATION. If you are not willing to do all of that, you have no right to complain about the economy, your job or lack of it, or anything else related to our current pandemic situation because you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

No comments:
Post a Comment